Dangers of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning.
Boat launch Signage
Our family is working hard to get more visual information near lakes and marinas.
Our goal is to have several "Afton Carbon Monoxide Danger" signs displayed at every major lake in Ohio.
As of today, Salt Fork and Buckeye Lake have welcomed our request.
It is extremely dangerous for anyone to be at the back of a boat, while the boat is moving at a slow speed, or while in the no-wake zone.Unfortunately, for our family, we were not aware of this danger. We will work hard to make sure others are made aware of this silent killer.
Your Tax-Deductible Donation Will Help Give To Those In Need
By donating to LovelikeAfton, we will continue to not only love, and help others in need, but we will work to educate others about the dangers of carbon monoxide while boating. We will work hard to help save the lives of others and not allow another child to pass away, at such a young age. No parent should ever have to feel this much sadness. Let's work together to make a difference.
Every year we will donate a buddy bench to a school that has lost a child. This year, we will donate a bench to the Free Family. It was supposed to be a fun boating outing for the Free family at Lake Eufaula on June 6, 2020. The family has spent their entire lives on the lake, and they know all the boating safety rules and follow them. By the end of the day, everyone was tired and ready to get home. The family didn’t know that carbon monoxide poisoning can easily be mistaken for the same symptoms as too much sun or dehydration. Other symptoms may include: headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. Tragically, Andy’s life was cut short by a silent, odorless, and deadly danger – carbon monoxide poisoning. The Free family urges boaters to be aware of the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning. Traveling at slow speeds, or idling, can cause carbon monoxide to build up on the boat. The same applies to a tail wind, which may blow exhaust towards passengers. If you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, seek immediate medical attention. Learn more how the Free family is honoring Andy at The Little Dude Ranch.